Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Saga Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples (a book with non-human characters)

This is my second graphic novel ever and I have to say my outlook on graphic novels has changed. I absolutely loved this one! The art was fantastic and the plot, although short, drew me in immediately. I am using this book for my book with non-human characters because there re so many weird alien things in this book and I don't think there is even one human character. I highly recommend this to anyone, whether you have read a graphic novel before or not.

I loved the story line of the book and how it was executed. I really enjoy how the authors chose to tell the story in the present but also have the daughter Hazel narrating on the side. I think adding Hazel's perspective to the story makes it even more interesting because the reader know she survived but not who else survived with her. Also she gives little hints about the future of the series that drew me in even more.

I loved the dynamic between Marko and Alana because even thought I didn't get a lot of their backstory yet I could feel the love and devotion between the. The artwork also brought out the characters really well because I could actually read the facial expressions of them during certain scenes. I love the detail of the art because many graphic novels I have seen take a more cartoonish perspective but this art had awesome realistic sci-fi characters and settings. I have already started Vol. 2 and I am loving it so far!

MY RATING: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment