Monday, May 25, 2015

Redeployment by Phil Klay (a book of short stories)

After reading this book I now understand and solidify my dislike of short stories. I can't connect to the characters, because I never have enough time to actually relate to them; there really isn't a plot or an arc, and there is no definitive end. Most of the stories in this book fit the mold of no plot, unrelated bel characters, and poor endings. The only story I really enjoyed was the first, and the title of the novel, Redeployment. It had a full arc of the realities of war following the soldier home. The only redeeming quality of the collection was the rawness and new perspective it provided on modern war. I don't really enjoy short stories in general, so don't let my poor opinion of the book stop you from reading it. 

MY RATING: **

No comments:

Post a Comment