Thursday, April 2, 2015

Fairest by Marissa Meyer (a book you can read in one day)

Since this book was obviously short enough to finish in one day, this is going to be a short post because I don't have a ton to say. There also aren't really spoilers in this post because it is a companion novel; as long as you have read up to Cress nothing in this post should spoil you too much. 

I thought this was a neat novella to read if you want to know more about Levana. I love the Lunar Chronicles series and I didn't want to wait until Winter came out to read more about this world. I thought it was interesting to read about Levana's marriage and how manipulative she was even as a child. I also didn't know that Winter wasn't her real daughter, so that helped me piece together their relationship. I also really enjoyed seeing Cinder and Winter as kids before they got  separated and grew up in completely different worlds. Cinder's mother wasn't what I was expecting and I was glad to know that she was separated from her mother early on because her mom was probably worse than Levana. It was interesting to find out the reason that Levana wears her glamour or the veil all the time. Overall it is a good read for those who love the Lunar Chronicles because it reveals stuff about the characters. I wouldn't recommend buying it though because it isn't very long and it isn't necessary for the series; just borrow it from your library.

MY RATING: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment