Friday, March 6, 2015

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (a book based solely on its cover)

Well now I know why they say not to judge a book by its cover. The cover of the book was beautiful but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Since I read this book based only on the cover, I should probably add a picture of it...

If I had read the synopsis, instead of basing my purchase solely on the cover, I probably wouldn't have bought the book. I have read a few parallel universe books before and I never really liked any of them. I didn't really connect to any of the characters in the book because they were constantly changing and I wasn't all that interested in the plot until the very end. 

Spoilers...

The biggest problem I had with this book was the "romance". Marguerite fell in love with a man that wasn't even from her dimension in about a week. Then when Peter admitted his feelings for her, she said she couldn't return them because she felt like she was cheating on the other Peter. I thought the whole thing was ridiculous but I was already halfway through so I decided I might as well finish it. I thought the ending of the book was decent because the twist made up for a bit of the ridiculous romance from the beginning. The reson I didn't really like the characters was because with each dimension they went through they changed based on the new world they were in. Overall, I was very disappointed and wouldn't recommend it, unless you want a pretty cover for your bookshelf.

MY RATING: **

No comments:

Post a Comment