Sunday, March 15, 2015

Made for You by Melissa Marr (a book that scares you)

I am not scared easily, especially by books so it was hard to find one that fit this criteria. I wouldn't necessarily call this book scary but it was definitely creepy so I am going to count it. There isn't a lot that I can say in the non-spoiler part about this book besides the fact that I really enjoyed the mystery and I wouldn't recommend it to people who get freaked out by serial killer or stalker novels.

Spoilers...(mostly about who the killer is)

The thing that made this book creepy was the serial killer. His chapters were so twisted and the reasons that he killed his victims just creeped me out. He kept trying to justify his murders by saying that it was what God wanted him to do. What really scared me about this part was the fact that there are people out there that really think that way. The other thing that scared me about him was the fact that he was friends with his victims. He was young, only a junior in high school, yet he was able to kill a bunch of his friends and mutilate them after their deaths. When I went into this book I wasn't expecting it to be that graphic or actually go into detail about the kidnappings and murders because its young adult. That aspect of the book surprised me because I wasn't really expecting it.

About halfway through the book I had a few theories about who the killer was. I thought it was either Reid or Jamie. I figured it was one of Robert's friends but the killer disguised his personality so well when he was in public. I figured out it was Reid the second that Eva saw his death vision. I knew that it wasn't Madison screaming because the killer shot him but that Reid was the killer and he was shot because he was trying to hurt someone else.

I really liked the mystery in this book and I didn't mind the romance either. The romance wasn't really the focus of the book and I liked that because I was really caught up in the mystery of the killer. I tend to like friends turn boyfriend-girlfriend relationships so I liked that aspect of the romance. Overall, I thought it was a good book. If you get freaked out by serial killers, stalkers, or anything like that I wouldn't recommend reading this book because even though it is young adult it still has some very realistic scenes in it.

MY RATING: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment