Friday, March 7, 2014

Top Ten Most Influential Books

This post is pretty much just going to be a list of the top influential books in my life so far, followed by a brief explanation of why. This list is not in the order of most influential to least influential because it was hard for me to pick. Instead I decided to make the list in order of when I read them ( more or less because I read so e of them a long time ago).
1. The Take of Despereaux by Katie DiCamillo: I picked this book because it was one of the first books that I can remember owning and reading multiple times. I probably read this when I was ten, so don't judge me because it isn't the greatest book, I just really like to read it.

2. Harry Potter (really any of them and if you don't know who the author is I'm pretty sure you haven't been alive for the past 12 years): This series was one of the first series I read, probably stating in about the second grade. They really taught me what it was like to truly love a character.

3. Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen: I really used to enjoy anything written by Sarah Dessen and this what probably got me interested in the young adult contemporary genre.

4. Lethe Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein: This book was one of the first non young adult books I read. It is narrated from the point of view of a dog and I read it because my uncle recommended it to me. It was the only book he ever recommended for me and I really enjoyed it.

5. Twilight (also an author you should already know): This the first series I read all the way through with no lapses between books. I sat on my bedroom floor and marathoned the series in about a week.

6. City of Bones (my favorite author, Cassandra Clare): This was the first book I actually bought for myself. After I finished it I ent out and bought the next two books to begin my collection of books.

7. The Host ( another by Stephanie Meyer): This book really taught me to love long books. I never wanted the story to end and the longer the book, the longer the story could last. Also I liked this one even more than Twilight. Don't judge this book by its movie!

8. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen: I honestly don't remember why I liked this book so much but it was really the first book I read that my mom recommended to me that wasn't a kids book.

9. Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: this book really drew me in and I just loved the world and the magic that was in it. It was another book recommended by my mom, another that I really enjoyed. 

And finally...
10. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini: This book will forever be one of my favorites. I read it for an English class and everyone in the class absolutely loved it. It really taught me the power and freedom that women have in America and taught me not to take that for granted. 

Those were my most influential books. Please comment with any books that had an impact on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment