Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hollow City (book 8)



Hollow City by Ransom Riggs is the 8th book I have read this year. It is the much awaited sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I thought Hollow City was much better than the first book. The first book was okay but Hoolow City went above and beyond my expectations. The peculiar people just kept getting even more peculiar. The plot kept me on my toes and kept me up late in the night trying to finish it. The ending had one of the biggest twists ever (the only other twist bigger was in the City of Bones when Clary found out Jace was her brother). The only problem I had with the book was one of the characters. Enoch was constantly getting on my nerves. I get that that was part of his character but I got to the point where I couldn't even stand him anymore. He was such a downer and was constantly being awful to the other characters. He was the only fault I could find in the book and I am very excited that Ransom Riggs is continuing the series. I can't wait to find out what peculiar thing the peculiar children will be up to in the next installment! Time to keep reading, up next is the Soulfinders trilogy (Poison Study, Magic Study, and Fire Study) by Mara V. Snyder. If you haven't read them read along with me and share you thoughts and comments on the next review.

No comments:

Post a Comment