Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Darkest Minds (book 13)


Honestly, for all of the hype I've been hearing about this book I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong it was a good book but I was expecting more out of it. It is kind of like a new take on X-Men and parts of it seemed predictable to me. 
**spoiler alert**
I mean seriously, we all knew that at one point Ruby had to erase either Chub's or Liam's memory of her. Sure we didn't know if it would happen on accident or on purpose but we knew it would happen at some point. On the positive side the characters were totally lovable; except Clancy of course. I ached when Zu left the camp. I hurt when Liam was beat by the camp member that were under Clancy's control. And I straight up cried when Chubs was shot. In the end the book had such a cliffhanger ending that I broke down and ordered the second book. I know, I know I am weak but I can't resist a series with a heart stopping ending to the first installment. The big question is will Liam remember Ruby and will Ruby embrace the dark side?????

No comments:

Post a Comment